[Grok-dev] Call for feedbacks : megrok.Resource

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Feb 17 14:22:28 EST 2010

Hi there,

Souheil CHELFOUH wrote:

> Feedbacks would be more than welcome on that strategical library. I
> have already an extension for it, but I need opinions and suggestions,
> first.
> If you could take 5 min to write a note, I'll greatly appreciate it.

I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but I do have one bit of
feedback which I mentioned before:

The documentation on pypi doesn't mention the possibility of requiring
resources through .need() instead of placing annotations on components.

I think the need() approach needs to be explained, especially as I don't
see how the component approach would work with widgets. What if I have a
widget that needs a datetime javascript, for instance? This use case
should be explained.

Some more feedback:

I also can't find information in the megrok.resource documentation that
tells me how to set the mode (minified or not, for instance), or how to
turn on resource rollups and javascript-at-the-bottom rendering.

Looking at the code, I see that the 'traversal.py' module appears to be
misnamed. The real traversal subscriber is in event.py, and traversal.py
doesn't do much with traversal, correct?

That doesn't take away that I like what I see overall. I'll adjust one
of my projects to start using megrok.resource as soon as possible!