[Grok-dev] grok1.1 moving forward

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Feb 23 15:26:47 EST 2010

Souheil CHELFOUH wrote:
>> Note/remark: the grok release itself is not dependent on whether the eco-
>> system-tests pass or not. Right?
>>

> No, it's not, but if we can have passing tests, I think it wouldn't hurt much.
> If people can migrate smoothly and have working plugins, that's a real plus !
> It's not really tied to grok, but to all that gravitates around it...
> the ecosystem :)

I think we should do the following:

JW, you forge ahead with the release. We could perhaps call it a release
candidate (rc1) for 1.1 if you don't mind too terribly. That way people
know it's very close to 1.1 final, but we also can afford not having
updated just everything yet.

Meanwhile I'm very happy to see Souheil and Uli do a lot of work
cleaning things up.