[Grok-dev] Catalog/Indexes/Search error

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Sun Jan 3 04:56:32 EST 2010

Have you updated "install_requires" in setup.py and then run bin/
buildout? I would suggest setting a breakpoint prior to the point of
error. Then try importing stuff and performing various parts of the
code in the interpreter.

Check on the list for people running Grok on Windows, maybe you could
ask them to try the project to see if it is Windows related or if your
installation somehow has gone corrupt.

Mvh Sebastian

1 jan 2010 kl. 03.53 skrev Kathy Manwaring:

> Hi Sebastian,
>
> Well, using your data.fs shows as the application up and running. I
> can do
> the addobjects as per your original steps:
>
> Now you can do:
>
>   http://localhost:8080/test/addobjects
>
> to add 10 objects. Then try
>
>   http://localhost:8080/test/protonsearch?search=where
>
> to search and return the text index results.
>
> But the search itself ends up with
> ComponentLookupError: (<InterfaceClass
> zope.catalog.interfaces.ICatalog>,
> 'proton_catalog')
>
> So unfortunately, there is still something wrong.
>
> Hoping you can help.
>
> Kathy
>
>> This file was oddly missing from the archive:
>>

>> Anyway, your error is really strange. Maybe it is a compatibility
>> issue
> (maybe related to the move to ZTK-based Grok). I am at a loss. It
> worked
> smooth as a charm for me (macosx) but that doesn't help you very much.
>>
>> This is my database file. You can try putting it in parts/data and
>> see
> if you have better luck.
>>

>> Mvh Sebastian
>>
>> 31 dec 2009 kl. 00.37 skrev Kathy Manwaring:
>>
>>> Hi Sebastian and Tim,
>>> I have done as you documented below, but it still breaks. Note
>>> that I am
>>> running Windows (although that should not make any difference...) My
> steps:
>>> 1. Create project as per Step 1 below.
>>> 2. Modify setup.py as per Step 2 below.
>>> 3. Run bin\buildout, changing versions until all pass requirements.
> (versions.cfg file attached)
>>> 4. Changed app.py and index.pt as per Sebastian's file. Added
>>> interfaces.py and protonobject.py from Sebastian's file.
>>> At this point, on attempting to start the server, I got errors.
>>> The first
>>> were basic, in that you had characters which are not supported by my
> keyboard in the 'chars' variable, so I removed them. This still left
> one:
>>> zope.configuration.config.ConfigurationExecutionError: <class
>>> 'martian.error.GrokError'>: View <class