[Grok-dev] ztk.cfg and zopeapp.cfg for Grok (zope.app free Grok)

Tim Cook timothywayne.cook at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 15:32:00 EST 2010

On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 20:15 +0100, Martijn Faassen wrote:

> I recommend we update Grok's buildouts to use these lists.
>
> There are two possible scenarios I see for Grok.
>
> 1 step transition:
>
> Grok 1.1: transitional release for Grok. Grok lost dependency all
> zope.app.* packages, and is just importing from zope packages. We offer
> zopeapp.cfg to users who need to upgrade their imports and still have
> their code working. Once they're done, zopeapp.cfg can be safely dropped.
>
> Grok 1.2: Grok is released without any zopeapp support. Users who want
> to upgrade will have to go through Grok 1.1.

+1 -- the sooner the step is taken, the easier it will be on future (and
possibly) current users.

--Tim

Timothy Cook, MSc

Skype ID == (upon request)
Academic.Edu Profile: http://uff.academia.edu/TimothyCook

You may get my Public GPG key from  popular keyservers or
from this link http://timothywayne.cook.googlepages.com/home