[Grok-dev] Share testing experience without zope.app.zcmlfiles

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 14:50:10 EST 2010

Souheil CHELFOUH <trollfot at gmail.com> wrote:
> As I'm trying currently to get rid of the zope.app dependencies, I
> bump into problems to remove zope.app.testing and zope.app.zcmlfiles.
> If possible, i'd like use to put in common some "hints" and
> experiences concerning such testing in grok and grok-related packages.
> Up to now, my common cases have similar needs : to be able to get
> users registration, some security policy, a root folder that is
> traversable and a working test browser.
> I failed miserably trying to set up such a test environment. Can
> anyone come to the rescue and point me the emergency exits, please ?
> :)

Not sure if it helps, but I had this idea for getting rid of
zope.app.zcmlfiles:

1) copy the regsitrations made in zope.app.zcmlfiles to Grok's
configure.zcml.

2) remove the dependency on zope.app.zcmlfiles.

3) step by step see to remove of re-implement the registrations that are
now in zope.app.zcmlfiles.

The more I work on this zope.app thing, the more I'm thinking we should
arrange for some small sprint to work in this together face to face. It
is just too easy to get tied up in the package-dependecies-spaghetti, to
get confused and side-tracked and plain frustrated  - at least that was
what I felt working on this so far.

regards,
jw