[Grok-dev] getting Grok serving remotely

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 13:20:42 EST 2010

I'm trying to get Grok running on a remote server (an Amazon EC2 one). Now,
a Zope 2 one I would expect that once it's up on 8080 I'd be able to get
there with the public IP:8080, but I'm not able to do this with my new Grok
instance. I know it's not the firewalling, since I can get another server
running on 8080 and see it fine, but with Grok running (with Paster) on
8080, I get the connection refused from the public IP. I know it's running,
since I can load it with lynx from the server (as 127.0.0.1:8080).

I notice that when strating it claims that:

Starting server in PID XXXX.
serving on 127.0.0.1:8080

Is it only going to allow connections to this specific name that it's
serving? I tried to change this in the etc/deploy.ini in the [server:main]
section, but it doesn't seem to pay attention to that, and I don't see any
other '127.0.0.1' in etc.

Is there something I need to do to get this thing serving the outside world?

               --jcc

--
Maybe someday my email address will move back to jcameroncooper.com. Stay
with this one until further notice.