[Grok-dev] Spotlight on : dolmen.content

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Jan 25 15:27:10 EST 2010

Hey,

Souheil CHELFOUH wrote:

> Factory
> -------
>
> When the content is registered, a factory is registered, using the
> full module and class dotted names. It allows us to query and
> instanciate the content easily::
>
>   >>> from zope.component import getUtility
>   >>> factory = getUtility(dolmen.content.IFactory,
>   ...                      name="dolmen.content.MyContent")
>   >>> factory
>   <dolmen.content.factoring.Factory object at ...>

I think nice for the docs would be a demonstration of getting *all*
IFactory utilities available to the system. This is something that a CMS
built with dolment.content will often need.

Perhaps you can also talk a bit to the argument signature to __init__()
of content objects. In order for utilities to be universally useful,
they'd need the same argument signature, right?

dolment.content is quite close to what an app I am working on might
need. I used a homegrown infrastructure for this, but I suspect it can
be cleaned up if I use this.