[Grok-dev] task: reproducing and reporting a mr.developer issue

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Jan 26 17:13:03 EST 2010

Hi there,

When we were using mr.developer at the Grok sprint last week, we ran
into the following issue when testing the zopetoolkit and/or the
groktoolkit:

When you use bin/develop co to check out a package, it will check it
out. In some cases it will however not "unpin" the version, even though
mr.developer to my understanding is supposed to do. This means that the
equivalent of this doesn't happen:

[version]
zope.foo =

Instead therefore, it won't use the checked out version at all but run
tests against the pinned version in the ztk.cfg file (for instance):

[version]
zope.foo = 1.2.3

This can be very misleading to say the least. The workaround is to put a
manual unpin in the buildout.cfg.

Could someone:

* reproduce this with the ZTK or Groktk?

* create a minimal test case

* figure out how to report a bug report to the mr.developer developers

* and report the bug?