[Grok-dev] How do I extract i18n messages from zope.schema etc? (solution)

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Fri Jun 18 04:59:29 EDT 2010

Add another call to extract in

  bin/i18nextract

something like

    z3c.recipe.i18n.i18nextract.main(['i18nextract', '-d', 'zope', '-s', '[/path/to/project]/parts/i18n/configure.zcml', '-o', '[/path/to/where/you/want/to/exract/message/pot/file]/locales_zope', '-p', 'zope.schema'])

where zope.schema is the egg you want to extract. The pot-file ends up in ".../locales_zope" and for the rest you can follow the instructions in:

  http://grok.zope.org/documentation/how-to/how-to-internationalize-your-application

I guess this could be added to the following section in buildout.cfg, but I am doing it manually since I only need to extract once anyway.

  # this section named so that the i18n scripts are called bin/i18n...
  [i18n]
  recipe = z3c.recipe.i18n:i18n
  packages = yhguiden
  eggs = yhguiden