[Grok-dev] --grokversion=1.1 causes paster error

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Wed Jun 23 07:51:41 EDT 2010

Hi there,

Aroldo Souza-Leite wrote:

> I don't know if it is related my previous mail with the zope.security problem.

No, I don't think so. As said your other problem seems to result from
missing header files (missing `python-dev` package?).

> After I had all the eggs there (I copied them an egg collection from
>  another Ubuntu Jaunty system), creating 'Sample' with grokproject
>  without the "grokversion" option works alright.
>
> But calling 'grokproject --grokversion=1.1 Sample' creates a Sample
>  project with a paster error.

What version of grokproject are you using? You can check doing

  $ grokproject --version

Please note also, that newer grokproject versions (>= 2.0) do not
support creation of projects with grok < 1.1.1. This is written in bold
letters on the grokproject PyPI page, but maybe we should add an
additional check in grokproject itself?

With grokproject 2.0 we expect entry points to be defined in
grokcore.startup that were not defined in grokcore.startup 0.4.
Therefore I guess you get the type of error you mentiond.

Uli