[Grok-dev] getSite returning None...

Jeroen Michiel jmichiel at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 5 05:43:50 EST 2010

Hi,
I'm having a strange problem im megrok.navigation.
For site menuitems (linking to a view of the closest site object), I use the
getSite function from zope.app.component.hooks (for Grok 1.0) in a property
method which gets called when the template is rendered.
However, it seems that in my current configuration, getSite returns None at
that time, while it works perfectly in another project (using Grok1.1a1,
however).
What could be the reason, or is it just unsafe to use the getSite function
for that purpose, and should I do that diferently?

thx