[Grok-dev] status of Grok 1.1rc1 on Windows?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Mar 9 10:36:46 EST 2010

Hi there,

Lacko Roman wrote:
> I think that should work. After installing grok app i removed my
> MinGW installation and everything worked. So uploading MinGW compiled
> packages should be ok. Even cross compiling under linux for win32
> should work, but i have not tested this.

Thanks for looking into this. I've heard though that 64 bit isn't
supported by MinGW. Various people (including Hanno) have working setups
for building with Visual Studio, and it's a topic for improvement
discussed by the zope-dev folks.

Hanno also said he'd look into building and uploading the required eggs
for Grok 1.1, so we'll wait for that.