[Grok-dev] What's stopping five.grok from using "new" martian

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 04:42:07 EDT 2010

Martin Aspeli <optilude+lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a little sick of this happening:
>
>   - I create a grokked module foo.py and add a component registration
> (e.g. a view) and start up Zope
>
>   - I decide to rename foo.py to bar.py
>
>   - Grok chokes with a configuration conflict, because foo.pyc is lying
> around, and contains the same registration
>
> AFAIR, non-grokking of pyc files has landed in martian, but isn't usable
> in five.grok and/or the version of grokcore.* it uses.
>
> Can anyone remember what the status is? I'd like to get this fixed.

The status is "simply": the newer martian introduces some behavioral differences
that Grok (and some of grokcore.*) cannot yet cope with. We need to update Grok
and these grokcore.* packages, but we got swamped in the "remove zope.app.*"
project.

The "bugfix" where *pyc files are ignored might have warranted its own release
but alas, we didn't foresee it would take so long to actually incorporate this
martian version in grok and grokcore.*.

I realize this reply does not actually really help you in this situation. Sorry
about that.

regards,
jw