[Grok-dev] Get files

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Fri Mar 19 11:33:06 EDT 2010

if you store files in src/[appname]/static they will be reachable with

   host:port/[app_instance_name]/@@/[appname]/path/relative/to/
static.pdf

You can also create a view that returns files you have stored on the
filesystem:

class Index(grok.View):
     grok.name('index.html')
     grok.require('zope.Public')

     def render(self):
         self.response.setHeader('Content-Disposition', 'inline')
         self.response.setHeader('Content-Type',
self.context.content_type)
         file = open('local/file/system/path.pdf', 'rb')
         data = file.read()
         file.close()

         return data

I think you get the general idea.