[Grok-dev] Grok and WSGI

Souheil CHELFOUH trollfot at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 11:56:19 EDT 2010

Hello Grokkers,

I'm just going to ask a general question.
It happens that lately, I dived into the creation of diverse webservices.
Naturally, I turned myself to Grok and thought it would be a piece of
cake to acheive.
The big problem I faced is the monolithic and so-called pluggable zope
publisher, which is fat, big, unfriendly and highly frightening.
Thus, my very straightforward question : Do you think it would make
sense, for Grok (the Grok package, the application manager), to spend
time and rewrite something decent, using the best of WSGI ?
The fact that I have to jump between 5 packages and about 6
adaptations to get a request object totally driven me off using Grok
with my webservices.
I came back to an utterly Paster application and, i'm not ashamed to
say so, it felt really good to understand what's going on without
needing painkillers.

- Souheil