[Grok-dev] anything blocking a Grok 1.1 release? and Grok 1.2 planning

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Tue May 18 09:30:50 EDT 2010

Hi there,

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> On 5/6/10 19:56 PM, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> >    * moving the zpasswd tool from zope.app.server to zope.password. I
> > believe Uli started on this already (cool!)
>
> I have added zope.password 3.6.0 to the zopetoolkit. Since we already
> "pinned" a ztk revision in the groktoolkit-1.1 branch for the grok-1.1
> release, I have added an override for zope.password in the
> groktoolkit-1.1 grok.cfg file.

Many thanks! This, however, is a good point to ask a silly question I
have about general version/toolkit policy:

When I update and/or release a package in zope.org repos, what files in
the various toolkits should be updated as well? How can I make sure in
advance (before committing and/or releasing) that changes won't break
other packages?

I already have slight ideas about all this and Martijn already showed
some steps in this thread:

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.grok.devel/10013

(many thanks!), but it would be nice to have it explained somewhere,
maybe in a permanent location? Maybe the releasing-software document?

> Grokproject has been adjusted to have newly created project have a
> zpassword commandline tool using the functionality from zope.password
> (instead of zope.app.server).
>
> Grokproject also has been adjusted to encode the initial password as
> "ssha", based on the code in zope.password (note that grokproject
> duplicates this implementation as grokproject itself does not depend on
> zope.password obviously).

Great, thanks a lot!

Best regards,

--