[Grok-dev] new grokui.admin issues

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Wed May 19 07:22:06 EDT 2010

Hi there,

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Uli Fouquet wrote:
>
> > There is a branch from Vincent (and you, Martijn?) in grokui.view that
> > should fix that problem really. I wonder, whether these changes made it
> > into grokcore.view.
>
> No, and they won't be making it before Grok 1.2.

Hm, that's bad :-/

> We can't have the situation that each time you start up Grok you get a
> whole bunch of warnings from grokui.admin. I consider that a pretty
> serious issue, and it's unfortunate we don't have the shared template
> support yet, but we don't.
>
> Is there a way to hack up grokui.admin so it shuts up for now? When we
> are with Grok 1.2 we can remove the hack again.

Sure, we can create lots of template dirs (one for each module) and
remove the templatedir directives in grokui.base and grokui.admin. I'd
prefer to help by bringing the real fix into grokcore.view trunk,
especially as removal of templatedir looks quite cosmetical to me, but,
okay, I'll care for the hack.

Best regards,

--
Uli