[Grok-dev] grokproject "2.0"

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Thu May 20 11:07:02 EDT 2010

Hi,

I propose to call the next grokproject release "2.0" to indicate it
differs to quite some extend from "1.0.x".

In order to release a new grokproject version, we need two new Grok
versions (to have it include the latest grokcore.startup release) and a
release for a dependency.

We need to:

* make a zope.app.authentication-3.4.5 release.

This release should include the SSHA password manager and will be used
by Grok-1.0.x. We cannot starting using z.a.authentication-3.5.0
unfortunately, as that would introduce a dependency on zope.container
and zope.site. We do not want that for the 1.0 line of Grok.

* make a Grok-1.0.2 release.

* make a Grok-1.1.1 release.

And then:

* do the grokproject-2.0 release.

Questions:

* I can do these releases, that's no problem. But I'd like to have some
help with reviewing the current grokproject trunk. I'm fairly confident
now that it is in good shape. But since so many things have changed,
maybe someone that has been working on grokproject in the past too,
would like to have a look?

* One could ask himself whether we actually want to continue to support
Grok-1.0, as, as you can see, it will take quite some work to make it
compatible with the new grokproject. Personally I think it might be
worthwhile at least this one time, since the Grok-book is based on
Grok-1.0. What do you guys think?

regards, jw