[Grok-dev] towards a new publisher

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue May 25 12:12:07 EDT 2010

Chris McDonough wrote:
> One other very important thing... I would make the base system work
> without any need for thread locals.  If I continued to use the ZCA, this
> change would imply that there would always be a "registry" (ZCA registry
> object) attached to the request and programmers would be expected to use
> it; the global ZCA API would not work.

I was wondering why a view registry would need to be attached to the
request instead of, say, an the application object?

For adapter registries this makes less sense, though, so perhaps the
request is a better place to put this kind of stuff.

Could you go into some details of why you dislike thread locals? Harder
to test?