[Grok-dev] zc.catalog probably needs fixes

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Thu May 27 06:41:29 EDT 2010

Hi there,

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:

> In order to include the zope.password 3.6.1 bugfix release in the grok
> toolkit, I updated the gtk trunk to have it use a very recent revision
> of the ztk.
>
> This however breaks the zc.catalog compat tests in the gtk. I tracked
> these failures down to updated version of mechanize and
> zope.testbrowser. I "downpinned" zope.testbrowser in the trunk of the
> gtk to have all tests pass again.
>
> But of course, the actual solution is to fix zc.catalog so that we can
> remove the downpins for zope.testbrowser again.
>
> Does someone have the time/energy to have quick look into fixing zc.catalog?

I had a quick look and my guess is that testbrowsers `goBack()` method
is not working anymore with mechanize 2.x. At least mechanize 2.x
dropped support for some 'restore_stuff' (or similar) handler, which
might be used for goBack-functionality by the testbrowser.

For zc.catalog tests, however, this is easy to fix and I applied the fix
to zc.catalog trunk.

Is a new release desireable or can we live with the test failure for
now?

Best regards,

--
Uli