[Grok-dev] grokcore-1.13.3 not in grok-1.1

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Fri May 28 16:47:38 EDT 2010

Hi,

On 5/28/10 13:59 PM, Uli Fouquet wrote:
>> Somehow I got the idea grokcore.view-1.13.3 was _neccessary_ to silence
>> the template warnings. It is not. Updating grokui.base and .admin is enough.
>
> I think it _is_ necessary. While the grokui.* packages might not emit
> this warnings anymore, other packages that use shared template dirs will
> do.

I think Martijn's point was that the packages that comprise Grok should
not emit these warnings. With the latest bugfix release of grokui.*
these warnings are gone indeed.

"Other packages" might still emit warnings indeed. And we should live
with it for 1.1.x I'd say. Too much has changed in the 1.13 branch to
update grok to 1.13.3 now.

>> Updating to grokcore.view-1.13.3 actually is not desired for grok-1.1.1
>> as it will require updating to a much newer zope.app.wsgi that in turn
>> will require updating zope.app.appsetup and including wsgi-intercept.
>> That's for grok 1.2 if you ask me.
>
> Hm, which makes me think that 1.13.3 was the wrong number and 1.14 would
> have been the correct one. I don't understand completely, why the
> z.a.wsgi tests were introduced into the 1.13 branch before trunk. But it
> seems that exactly that happened.
>
>> BTW: there're __a lot__ of changes in the grokcore.view-1.13 branch and
>> most cannot be considered "bugfixes". I do know that this is a result of
>> work on grokcore.view trunk that was not yet ready to be used by grok.
>> Anyway, let's be careful about what we do in grokcore.view-1.13.x.
>
> That's the point. The grokcore.view z.a.wsgi changes (_before_ I applied
> the logger-fixes) were in 1.13 first.

I understand that. Somehow this branch got way too many changes. Not
sure how that happened. I'd like to somehow put grokcore.view "on hold"
until this is sorted.

My conclusion: I'll __not__ update grok to grokcore.view 1.13.3 but
stick with 1.13.2 and then we sort things out.

regards, jw