[Grok-dev] grok ubuntu tutorial problem

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 04:18:14 EDT 2010

On 11/3/10 7:30 AM, Glyn wrote:
snip
>>> "/tmp/tmpJj58jW/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.6.egg/setuptools/command/easy_install.py",
>>> line 919, in run_setup
>>> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '__getstate__'
>>> An error occurred when trying to install zc.buildout. Look above this
>>> message for any errors that were output by easy_install.
>>> Running /home/tom/Sample/bin/buildout...
>>> /bin/sh: /home/tom/Sample/bin/buildout: not found
>>>
>>> Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks for sending the details. More people reported this "__getstate__"
problem. We need to investigate what is going on here.

One thing that you might want to try:

Could you create a new, fresh project with the grokproject tool,
instructing it to use "distribute" instead of "setuptools" like so:

   $ grokproject --use-distribute=true NameOfNewProject

Perhaps you can let me know whether this works better?

Thanks for keeping up with the Grok-1.2 problems areas. I can imagine we
will have a Grok-1.2.1 soon...

regards, jw