[Grok-dev] Where can I ask questions about zeam.form.ztk?

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Tue Nov 9 10:18:49 EST 2010

On Tue, 9 Nov 2010 16:00:25 +0100
Sebastian Ware <sebastian at urbantalk.se> wrote:

> Hi Sylvain!

  Hello,

> I am looking at zeam.form.ztk. It looks really promising, but I have
> some questions. Can I post them here on grok-dev?

  I think it is ok, unless someone objects. Probably if those are quick
  questions, IRC will be faster, #grok on irc.freenode.net.

> The first one is why you do
>
>   content.set(field.identifier, value)
>
> and not
>
>   setattr(content, field.identifier, value)
>
> when you update attributes on an object in the applyData method of
> EditAction (actions.py:23):
>
>     def applyData(self, form, content, data):
>         for field in form.fields:
>             value = data.get(field.identifier, _marker)
>             if value is NO_VALUE and not field.required:
>                 value = data.getDefault(field, _marker)
>             if value is not _marker:
>                 content.set(field.identifier, value)

  Content is not the form content. It is something called dataManager
  [1] which uniforms the access to content used by the form (that can
  be an object, a dictionary, an adapted object ...).

  Regards,

  Sylvain,

[1]:
https://github.com/thefunny42/Zeam-Form/blob/master/src/zeam/form/base/datamanager.py