[Grok-dev] grokproject + hurry.resource wsgi resource injection

Souheil CHELFOUH trollfot at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 09:17:43 EST 2010

Hello all,

[...]

> 1) Now that hurry.resource (in the newer versions) use entry points for
> defnining resource libraries *and* hurry.zoperesource uses these entry
> points for registering the DirectoryResource components, we might "lose"
> some of the ZCA-flexibility. For example, I do not see a way to override
> a DirectoryResource registration based on layer or ISite.

To resolve that problem, i now use Resources Viewlets, that can "need"
the resources you want according to 3 discriminants : the context, the
request (therefore the skin) and the view, (and also the
viewletmanager, but that's an implementation detail).

> 2) I'm fooling around in JJ's work to try and integrate the injection
> and publihser middleware's into one. I have the gut feeling it should be
> possible to not use a "composite application", but the merely wrap a
> Grok application in one middleware that knows when it should either pass
> through to the actuall grok app, or when it has to serve a resource.

I agree. it's doable, the question is : is it needed ? One or 2 middle
wares, it doesn't make much difference.