[Grok-dev] zc.buildout 1.5.0

Jeffrey D Peterson bgpete at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 13:02:09 EDT 2010

I had the same issue, except it was complaining about zc.buildout 1.5.1 for
me.

Installed bootstrap.py:

parser.add_option("-v", "--version", dest="version",
                          help="use a specific zc.buildout version")

Tried and failed with the bootstrap.py suggested here
https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/grok-dev/2010-August/010593.html:

parser.add_option("-v", "--version", dest="version", default="1.4.4"
                          help="use a specific zc.buildout version")

there is no version 1.4.4 of zc.buildout on pypi.  So, I tried defaulting to
1.5.1 and it did not work.

I tried and failed with:

parser.add_option("-v", "--version", dest="version", default="1.5.1"
                          help="use a specific zc.buildout version")

Not sure what the issue really is..

Ultimately I succeeded by installing zc.buildout 1.4.3.  I Installed it into
the site-packages of the python being used.  Though this may not be a great
solution if you are using the system python, but it works fine in
virtualenv.

easy_install  zc.buildout==1.4.3

--
Jeffrey Peterson