[Grok-dev] getting the ball rolin' again: ZTK, zope.app.* and Grok-1.2

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Sep 9 09:14:29 EDT 2010

Hi there,

On 09/07/2010 03:58 PM, Christian Klinger wrote:

>     - json-rpc view

Could you expand on that?

>     - moving "REST views" out of grok maybe in grokcore.view or
>       grokcore.rest...

I'm +1 on this. Moving it to grokcore.rest would be reasonable, I think.

>     - Concept of "View on a View". Maybe we can discuss this. (I find it
>       useful for ajax based applications.)

I've seen this being useful, but also tricky; the definitions might be
hard to read or write.

It makes URL generation a bit harder too, and I also know it's not that
hard to come up with ajax designs that avoid this. But we should talk
more about this.