[Grok-dev] megrok.chameleon and (custom) template namespaces

Jan-Jaap Driessen jdriessen at thehealthagency.com
Fri Apr 15 16:25:01 EDT 2011

On 15 April 2011 21:40, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman <janwijbrand at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yesterday and today, Jan-Jaap and me migrated most of our codebase to
> use megrok.chameleon. However, we do rely on the megrok.chameleon's
> trunk now, for this particular reason:
>
> We noticed that the viewlet and the viewletmanager namespaces were
> missing from the template context (when rendering a viewletmanager and
> viewlets of course).
>
> We started digging and noticed that Grok's idea of template namespaces
> was effectively put into the options template namespace by z3c.pt (on
> which megrok.chameleon depends). This would include the "custom"
> namespace a developer could define through the `def namespace()` method
> on views.
>
> Can I ask the current megrok.chameleon "maintainers" (I believe Uli and
> Sylvain) 1) to have a look at the patch+test
> (http://zope3.pov.lt/trac/changeset/121428/megrok.chameleon) and 2) tell
> me if it is release-worthy and 3) grant me pypi-permissions to indeed
> make the release?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> regards, jw

Also, as far as I can see, megrok.chameleon currently does not
configure auto-reloading of chameleon templates in development mode.

JW, can we look into the best way to configure this before we make a
new release of megrok.chameleon?

How do you feel about the pylons/pyramid approach of configuring
template reloading? ->

http://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/pyramid/1.0/narr/templates.html#reload-templates-section

--
Jan-Jaap Driessen