[Grok-dev] megrok.chameleon and (custom) template namespaces

Jan-Jaap Driessen jdriessen at thehealthagency.com
Mon Apr 18 05:10:05 EDT 2011

On 16 April 2011 02:15, Uli Fouquet <uli at gnufix.de> wrote:
>> How do you feel about the pylons/pyramid approach of configuring
>> template reloading? ->
>>
>> http://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/pyramid/1.0/narr/templates.html#reload-templates-section
>
> Nice! If we could reproduce it that would be great. Please tell if you
> found out more about that, although I'll have a look into this myself.

In a default grokproject installation (with 'classic'
zope.pagetemplate, no chameleon) I see that page templates are always
reloaded, no matter whether I use the deploy.ini or debug.ini
configuration:

http://zope3.pov.lt/trac/browser/zope.pagetemplate/trunk/src/zope/pagetemplate/pagetemplatefile.py#L91

The developers of z3c.pt must have seen the same issue. The changelog [1] says:

"""Make debug mode setting explicit in a config.py. Currently it is
bound to Python's __debug__, which is False when run with -O and
otherwise True."""

I remember that reloading of page templates was once tied to the
developermode in zope.app.appsetup. Or do I remember incorrectly?

Is it OK to let megrok.chameleon depend on zope.app.appsetup? I have my doubts.

1) http://pypi.python.org/pypi/z3c.pt/2.0-rc1

--
Jan-Jaap Driessen