No subject

Sat Dec 10 13:40:36 UTC 2011

>>> import pkg_resources
>>> pkg_resources.get_distribution('ZODB3').version
'3.10.3'

> As I want to query the db offline I tried to install this zodb version on my
> gentoo system using emerge and the progress overlay. But the 3.10.3 version
> is no longer available perhaps due to security updates I think, so can I
> install the latest and still expect to connect to grokproject's older
> version of zodb?

Buildout isolates your grok project from the system python packages.
The ZODB package should be available using `bin/python-console` inside
your grokproject.

You can access the database using the `bin/interactive_debugger`
script. The database will already be opened for you.

> Also how would I go about upgrading the zodb version my grokproject is
> using?

You can to this by defining a different version in the buildout.cfg of
your grok project:

[versions]
ZODB3 = 3.10.x

HTH,