[Grok-dev] Grok meeting 3 - summary
trollfot at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 19:21:01 EST 2011
3rd Grok Meeting ! Monday 17th of January 2011
Focus : Release of Grok 1.3
* Sylvain's idea for grokcore.view (templates) are postponed, the
release must happen first.
Grok view errors
In order to have error views that can be trigger an event, to allow
fanstatic handlers, we need to modify the existing errors views :
* Creation of a new package with the error views. Names proposed :
* Name chosen : zope.errorview. The base code will be extracted from
* Martijn will do some experimenting with intersphinx.
* Sylvain uses intersphinx in Silva document : it works great.
* Martijn and Sylvain will work on that, as they can meet in Rotterdam.
* Works need to be done on the migration documentation in general
?> Intersphinx extension can generate automatic links to the
documentation of objects in other projects.
* z3c.testsetup has been removed : documentation is needed in that
matter (transition, removal or use)
* zope.pytest will be used now after the transition : z3c.testsetup ->
no z3c.testsetup -> zope.pytest
* General note : people in Grok want to use py.test !
* Ordering of the inclusion using z3c.autoinclude causes problems.
Therefore, j-w, janjapp, sylvain and trollfot don't use it.
* Some of the grok community people prefere to explicitly writes the
dependencies of the libraries.
* None of the grokcore packages use z3c.autoinclude. It might go away
in Grok, if the package continues to slim down as we plan to.
More information about the Grok-dev