[Grok-dev] the grok package becoming an "import hub"

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 06:39:05 EST 2011

Hi,

We've been discussing how the grok package could become an import hub of
some sort, to make it easy to import components in your application. At
the same time the grok package should not force dependencies on you, so
we've been thinking about making the imports conditional somehow.

I'd also like to add the following "feature": the grok package should
somehow "know" what components to import and expose from the various
grokcore.* packages. This prevents having to release a new grok package
just because some grokcore.package was released with new components.

Or would this be too magic?

regards, jw