[Grok-dev] towards a Grok release: current state of affairs

Jan-Jaap Driessen jdriessen at thehealthagency.com
Fri Jan 14 11:31:17 EST 2011

> In preparation of the grok meeting next week, here's what's on my plate:
>
> 1. The 1.0 release of fanstatic is imminent. I would appreciate your
> feedback. Fanstatic has been integrated into grokproject on a branch:
>
> http://svn.zope.org/repos/main/grokproject/branches/janjaapdriessen-fanstatic
>
> 2. Grokproject has some changes:
>
>  * uses (zope.)fanstatic, has examples of how to use fanstatic.
>
>  * replaced the 'static' directory resource with one served by fanstatic.
>
>  * replaced z3c.testsetup with manual registration of tests. I moved
> the tests to the 'tests' subdirectory. In the future we may replace
> the zope.testrunner with zope.pytest.
>
>  * grokproject needs releases of grok, grokui.admin and the
> groktoolkit. After these dependencies have been released, I will
> polish the tests, merge and release.
>
>  * needs a review of the changes.txt - are these instructions
> sufficient to upgrade your project?
>
> 3. grokui.admin waits for a grok release
>
> 4. groktoolkit waits for a grok release
>
> 5. grok needs a release.

6. grok error pages

When working with fanstatic, if an error occurs during the rendering
of a page, the already needed fanstatic resources need to be cleared,
otherwise they will be rendered into the error page by the injector
middleware.

The right place to do this seems to be the grok error pages, which are
not yet available.

I discussed this with JW and trollfot, and am not sure how to proceed.
Introducing the error pages in grok would imply a dependency of grok
on fanstatic. Trollfot adds that grok should be an aggregation package
only.

--
Jan-Jaap Driessen