[Grok-dev] Grok, Martian and class decorators

Souheil CHELFOUH trollfot at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 09:07:01 EST 2011

Hello Grok,

Recently, as I tried to migrate Dolmen to Grok 1.3, I faced some problems.
Two packages of Dolmen use class decorators and, especially in
dolmen.menu, it creates problems with martian directives.
In dolmen.menu, I try to access the directive value of the class being
decorated. While it used to work on martian 0.11.x, it no longer
works.
We investigated the problem with J-W and Matthias and we concluded
that Martian is not longer "class decorated safe".
It never claimed to be, obviously, but this is a real problem for me,
as these packages are an important brick or the Dolmen stack, for me.
What should we do ?

- Souheil