[Grok-dev] megrok.chameleon, next steps

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Thu May 19 06:20:18 EDT 2011

On 5/18/11 15:26 , Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> On 4/18/11 15:42 , Uli Fouquet wrote:
>> Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
>>> Ok, it is clear we need to work on megrok.chameleon. I think these are
>>> the issues brought up by people in the previous discussion-thread:
>>>
>>> 1) the dependency on z3c.pt is perceived as unwanted by some people, but
>>> at the same time Uli explains[1] why it was added back as dependency.
>>>
>>> We need to decide to either a) get rid of z3c.pt and move the necessary
>>> glue code into megrok.chameleon, or b) to trust the current
>>> z3c.pt-rewrite and its maintainer and use it. Votes please.
>>
>> My vote is:
>>
>> - stick with z3c.pt for next release (except someone is willing to do
>>     it right now; I'm far too busy)
>>
>> - get rid of it afterwards

Uli, quick question:

Part of the overhaul in megrok.chameleon was the removal of
genshi-template components from megrok.chameleon. Could you perhaps
elaborate a little on this decision? Preferably in the CHANGES.txt of
the megrok.chameleon package so that this information will be reflected
on the pypi.

regards, jw