[Grok-dev] Does ZopeFanstaticBrowserLayer set-up the whole grok testing machinery?

Noe Nieto nnieto at noenieto.com
Wed Nov 16 06:46:30 UTC 2011

Hi, I have something like this in myproject/tests/tests.py

import unittest
import doctest

from zope.fanstatic.testing import ZopeFanstaticBrowserLayer

import myproject.tests

browser_layer = ZopeFanstaticBrowserLayer(myproject.tests)

def test_suite():
    suite = unittest.TestSuite()

    test_files = ['app.txt', ]
    optionflags = ( doctest.ELLIPSIS + doctest.NORMALIZE_WHITESPACE + \
                    doctest.REPORT_NDIFF)
    glob_vars = {'getRootFolder': browser_layer.getRootFolder}
    app_test = doctest.DocFileSuite(*test_files,
                                    optionflags = optionflags,
                                    globs=glob_vars)
    app_test.layer = browser_layer

    suite.addTest(app_test)
    return suite

I've been getting some weird test errors related to one of the viewlets we
are using not updating recently added content, even If I do an explicit
transaction.commit(). I'm kinda confused with this.

So, When running the tests in app.txt with zope.testrunner, does
ZopeFanstaticBrowserLayer set-up the whole grok testing machinery?

--
---
Noe Nieto
M: nnieto at noenieto.com