[Grok-dev] bypass UI adding application to grok AND multiple applications under /src howto?

Christian Schmidt grok-list at creativenet.de
Mon Jan 16 13:33:21 UTC 2012

Hello Christian,

first thank you for your reply. I followed your advice but like Matt i
have still the same problem for trying to add a second application. Grok
answers with the default app. Here is exactly what I did:

grokproject example
cd example/src
../bin/paster create -t basic_package mynewapp

This create a new package base stucture unter example/src/mynewapp/mynewapp/

  __init__py.

I added there

app.py
app_templates/
static
configure.zcml

src/mynewapp/mynewapp/app.py:

import grok

#from example import resource

class Mynewapp(grok.Application, grok.Container):
    pass

class Index(grok.View):
    def render(self):
<---->return "this is mynewapp"

src/mynewapp/mynewapp/configure.zcml:

<configure xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope"
            xmlns:grok="http://namespaces.zope.org/grok">
<include package="grok" />
<includeDependencies package="." />
<grok:grok package="." />
</configure>

finally i changed the example/buildout.cfg:

develop = . src/mynewapp

[app]
eggs =
added ->        mynewapp

AND

site.zcml =<include package="mynewapp"/>

then ran bin/buildout

returned:

Develop: '/usr/home/chris_dev/example/.'
Develop: '/usr/home/chris_dev/example/src/mynewapp'

started the application and added mynewapp under UI:
-> mynewapp (example.app.Example)

http://127.0.0.1:8080/mynewapp/index returned the default application.

  -> example/app_templates/index.pt (index.pt)

If i change src/mynewapp/mynewapp/app.py: to -> Index1(grok.View):
the page was not found.

I would be thankful, if you have further ideas or solutions.

Kind regard