[Grok-dev] Grok-dev Digest, Vol 90, Issue 3

Christopher Lozinski lozinski at freerecruiting.com
Fri Oct 23 13:39:54 CEST 2015

On 10/23/15 1:05 PM, Paul Sephton wrote:
> y personal take on ZCML is that if I had ever been forced to use it, I
> would never have built anything at all using the Zope toolkit. Yes, I
> feel that strongly about it.

Thank you for your kind words about Grok.  I feel the same way. Sadly we
are preaching to the choir.  I am not sure the best way to get this
message out.  The Plone guys do not want to hear it.  The Pyramid guys
do not want to hear it.  New python users who are interested in
ZODB might want to hear it.   I wonder what it takes to get grok
supporters on this mailing list to be more active users?

I did manage to put grok on the ZODB map.
http://blogory.org/group/zodb-ecosystem

When you compare grok with ZCML and with Pyramid View Decorators and
View Functions, clearly grok is the way to go.
But I have no ability to change other people's thinking.

I do have to release a new version of grokproject.  Probably call it
zopache.grok-install.  Just a very simple install.  Not as nice as
grok.project.  The current version pins to a buggy zope.copypastemove.
I need a newer version.

I will probably release a zopache.containerview.  I can do it with
ZCML.  That gets lots of Plone users. That can't hurt.

And then the zopache-grok install will include zopache.zmi which has the
zopache application.  Add a zopache application to the grok root, and
you have a nice container view.

So writing up my plans did help my thinking about what I had to do.

I am also getting very interested in jade templating.

http://jade-lang.com/

I have a browser based jade editor.

Chris