[Grok-dev] Grok Installs and Runs Correctly

lozinski lozinski at privacv.com
Tue Mar 29 15:40:02 CEST 2016

> On Mar 29, 2016, at 3:08 PM, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman <janwijbrand at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> What do you mean? The grok *package* didn't depend on paster or
> anything? I guess that was deliberate as in principle developers should
> be able to choose the wsgi-server themselves. For that the grokproject*
> tool was about bringing all kinds of ingredients together to setup a
> work web application.

Great to get a response on these issues. Thank you for the explanation.  Makes sense to me.
So paster is part of grokproject or grok.install.

On Mar 29, 2016, at 3:11 PM, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman <janwijbrand at gmail.com> wrote:

The first thing I thought of was the package name: it moves "install"
under the namespace "grok" where the grok package wasn't really
intendeed to be a namespace as such. I'm not exactly sure about the
implications of that.

Understood.  The reason I did not want to use the grokproject name is that this is a much simpler install.
I am open to renaming it anything that people want.  grocore.install?