[Grok-dev] Cromlech

Christopher Lozinski lozinski at freerecruiting.com
Thu Mar 9 19:54:28 CET 2017

> On Mar 9, 2017, at 7:08 PM, Souheil CHELFOUH <trollfot at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> i hope I make sense in this mail.
Given that I also live with this stuff, your email made perfect sense.

Software archeology is a bit more difficult.  One needs a mentor.

So cromlech.webob looks perfectly reasonable.  WebOb is the leading request server.  100% test coverage.
Used by tons of brand names.  Okay, fine.

Of course cromlech.webob looks way too small.  What did you do with all of that junk in zope.pulisher.  I feel naked.

So I searched for “travers”.  Nothing.  Does cromlech.webob call the traverser?  zope.publisher does.

Does cromlech.webob invoke the security mechanisms, and user authentication.  I use zope.pluggableauthentication and megrok.login.

And then there is the obvious question.  Why not use Pyramid.publisher, or whatever it is called.  What is it called?

I should say that I am very dependent on zope.securitypolicy.  It gives me everything I need to build a content management system.  After ZODB, it is the second jewel in the crown of ZTK.

Warm Regards
Chris