[Grok-doc] ANN Maintaining the Grok Community Documentation

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Wed Jul 1 04:41:04 EDT 2009

Hi All!

  >> No framework is better than it's documentation <<

As you might have noticed, we have created a team to organise the
maintenance of Grok Community Documentation. Our goal isn't to add all
the missing documentation, but rather to assist those who want to help
doing so. The team consist of

  Sebastian Ware
  Tim Cook
  Steve Schemchel

Our goal is to:

  1 Organise and assist in the maintenance of Grok Community
Documentation
  2 Provide some level of support to those who write community docs
  3 Maintain a mailing list where discussions about writing and
maintaining docs is the nr 1 priority

Why yet another mailing list? The idea is to focus on documentation. A
thread in this mailing list won't get burried by dev-threads and vice
versa. We also want to lower the bar of entry into the Grok community.
You don't have to be a stellar developer to ask or answer questions on
this list. Lastly, and most importantly, we want to make it painfully
obvious if activity in the docs department is lower than acceptable...

We will be posting feedback on [grok-dev] if we need help with
reviewing, or mentoring someone who is writing documentation, but
unless you are a very busy person, please subscribe to the [grok-doc]
mailing list too.

**
*** How to get involved...
**

1 Start by subscribing to [grok-doc]:

2 Check if there is a document that needs to be reviewed:
   https://blueprints.launchpad.net/grok?searchtext=doc-
   Info is available on the Blueprint Whiteboard
   https://blueprints.launchpad.net/grok/+spec/doc-permissions

3 Post a message on [grok-doc] with your Launchpad username and a link
to the Blueprint you want to edit/review and start working on it. The
grok-doc team will add you as "assignee" on the Blueprint
   NOTE: You can start reviewing the content immediately, don't wait
for us!

4 Browse [grok-docs-review] for some info on the review process
   https://blueprints.launchpad.net/grok/+spec/grok-docs-review

Mvh Sebastian