[Grok-doc] grok poller tutorial

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Tue Nov 17 09:06:25 EST 2009

17 nov 2009 kl. 14.33 skrev Steve Schmechel:

> Nice tutorial, but there are a few items that will frustrate new
> users trying to make the tutorial run.
>
> - No mention of using the Grok Admin UI to add an instance of the app
> called "poller", but it is assumed to be done.

Reference to the Official Grok Tutorial where it is explained. A
newbie will have to read that tutorial to install Grok.

> - An import uses from "zope.persistent.dict" but should be
> "persistent.dict", at least for me (Clean virtualenv w/ python 2.5
> on Linux).

Fixed

> - The intermediate state using grok.Fields manually instead of the
> later use of interfaces, throws an exception.

Shouldn't that work? Anyway, do you have time to change this and add a
short explanation (two or three sentences)?

> - For the name chooser code,  "Choosename(name. obj)", should be
> "Choosename(name, object)".

Can't find this typo. Maybe you fixed it.

> - Several of the required additions to "imports" along the way are
> not mentioned, so you have to do a lot of reading the errors and
> adding them.
> (You can work through this, but it gets tedious.)

If someone fixes this, please let me know.

> Anyway thanks for the good work, Väinö, Sebastian, and whoever else
> contributed to this.

And thank YOU for looking at it!

Mvh Sebastian