[Grok-doc] Doc Grokstars! Request for doc issues, please send them to me...

Paul Wilson paulalexwilson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 12:03:59 EST 2010

On 15 February 2010 16:57, Sebastian Ware <sebastian at urbantalk.se> wrote:
> ...personally so I can organise and format the issues in a practical
> manner. I am going to look through the Launchpad Blueprints tomorrow
> to get an overview of our current state.
>
> Further communication will be held on the Grok-doc mailing list, with
> semi-frequent reporting back to Grok-dev. So please subscribe if you
> haven't all ready.
>
> ** Mission Statement **
>
> The two primary objectives are to
>
>    -consolidate community docs, and
>    -expand the official docs
>
> Consolidating community docs meaning: merge howtos and complete or
> remove incomplete howtos. Improve or remove tutorials that leave
> readers hanging with an incomplete project/solution.
>
> Expanding the official docs means to start with trying to make the
> tutorial even more useful as a starting point for a newbie.

Can I suggest that we start by simply reviewing the existing material.
We have a big issue that the community documentation is currently
unreliable, and newcomers are arriving and hitting documentation
issues. (Not a good look!). Once we're confident that the
documentation is up-to-date and accurate with Grok 1.0/1.1, it will
give us the confidence we need to consolidate and expand on what's
there.

Ta,
Paul