[Gsoc] Two applications from same student with "likely to be accepted" status

Baiju M mbaiju at zeomega.com
Thu Apr 5 09:01:03 EDT 2007

Lennart Regebro wrote:

> On 4/5/07, Baiju M <mbaiju at zeomega.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>      We have assigned mentors for two applications from same student and
>> both
>> are with "likely to be accepted" status.  There are two other
>> applications with
>> positive grades.  I think we should push one of them up the
>> acceptance line.
>

> Sounds reasonable. But I don't know how the acceptance procedure
> works. I mean, they are not gonna give one student two applications
> anyway, right?

Yes, at last one application will be chosen from a student, even if he
submit  applications
to different organization.  I think google is not going to look deep
into our proposals, rather
how we manage these applications is more important.  Google will only
allow a particular number
of slots for us.  I am afraid that the current proposal list will
negatively affect us to loose one slot.

Regards,
Baiju M