[Gsoc] let the discussion/voting begin

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Apr 9 12:13:31 EDT 2008

Hi there,

We now have some (initial) clarity about how many project slots we
have been assigned, and as Aroldo said, we have a good result.

We now start reviewing proposals in earnest. If we want amendments or
further detail from students, we should definitely ask for it. I'd
prefer it if at least relatively small messages would go through the
google summer of code app so we have an overview. We can add both
comments that students can see, and more private comments to share
between mentors. I think it would also be wise for students to discuss
their topics in the wider Zope community, especially if they are
looking for a mentor.

This also means voting: since we now know what slots we'll probably
have we can weigh things more carefully and vote. I'd like to thank
the mentors for their patience!

If you are a mentor and you want to mentor a project, please select
this in the google summer of app. I will start approving mentor match
ups in those projects where it is already obvious who the mentor will
be (but feel free to drop me a mail if I do it wrong!).

April 18, we need to have all student proposals matched up with a mentor.

April 21, the accepted proposals will be announced by Google.

Regards,

Martijn