[Gsoc] bad news on the Zope Foundation slot count

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Apr 10 08:30:39 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Apparently we cheered too early on the amount of slots the Zope
Foundation will have - the numbers of assigned slots (10) we saw in
the application are *not* the actual numbers. The number is still in
flux and we're doing our best to increase it, but if the current story
stands, we'll have only *2* slots, half of what we have last year.

To be honest, given this number I feel like I've been wasting my own
time and everybody else's. Our vastly increased efforts have had no
impact. My apologies students and mentors. Looking at the list of
other projects and the few slots they are assigned, I think we
shouldn't hope for too many slots more - perhaps back to the 4 we had
last year.

This WILL make the voting procedure far more interesting, to see which
projects survive.

Regards,

Martijn