[Gsoc] bad news on the Zope Foundation slot count

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Thu Apr 10 09:28:34 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Uli Fouquet <uli at gnufix.de> wrote:
>  Anyway, many, many thanks to Martijn, Aroldo and others who helped to
>  prepare this event! You really did a great job and this disaster is
>  really not your fault!

Well said, Uli!

>  I'm sure, that a lot of benefit for Zope will result from all the ideas
>  and preparations we all made these days. Some projects might also happen
>  without Google support, even though they will need more time then.

Yes! All of the projects I've heard about are worth pursuing, one way
or another.

I know I want to work on Flint regardless of the result, and although
without GSoC I will not be able to put so many ours into it initially,
that only means I will put more effort into trying to attract more
developers to help (from previous GSoC experience, I know many people
think it's not appropriate to contribute to a students' project while
GSoC is underway; some feel it's cheating, even though these are all
open source projects!).

Cheers,

Luciano