[Gsoc] timeline

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Aug 11 14:02:34 EDT 2008

Hi mentors, students,

Looking at the GSOC timeline we're nearing the end:

August 11:  	Suggested 'pencils down' date. Take a week to scrub code,
write tests, improve documentation, etc.
August 18: ~12 noon PDT / 19:00 UTC 	Firm 'pencils down' date.
Mentors, students and organization administrators can begin submitting
final evaluations to Google.

September 1:
12 noon PDT / 19:00 UTC

    * Final evaluation deadline;
    * Google begins issuing student and mentoring organization
payments provided forms and evaluations are on file.

September 3: 	Students can begin submitting required code samples to Google

http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_timeline

This means this is your last week of work on the google summer of
code. What's of especial importance is that you work in getting things
"usable" by developers and/or  users. This means:

* developer-level documentation

* end-user documentation (where applicable)

* examples

* clean code that is easy to follow

* releases with documentation on pypi.python.org

* blog entries or other web pages with information about the project

We know that many of the projects aren't finished - good open source
projects often aren't. We hope that some of you will stay on in the
community and help bring the things you started in the hands of
developers and users.

Regards,

Martijn