[Gsoc] Idea: graphical browser for ZODB

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Mar 19 18:54:19 EDT 2008

Hey,

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 7:43 PM, Adam <agroszer.ll at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Have a look at
>  svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/z3c.zodbbrowser/sandbox/src/z3c/zodbbrowser
>
>  It's nowhere near fully complete, but works acceptable.

This appears to use wxPython, it'd be nice perhaps if there were a
web-app version of this. Note also that the Grok UI includes an
introspector that can browse content in the ZODB to at least some
extent.

One of the issues I see with a ZODB explorer is that knowledge of the
actual objects itself is quite useful in presenting a right image;
more so than with relational databases I think, where there is more
semantics in the table structure. What is your opinion on this,
Rafael?

Regards,

Martijn