[Gsoc] Idea: graphical browser for ZODB

Rafael Oliveira rafaelbco at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 08:05:41 EDT 2008

Hello,

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>

>  On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 7:43 PM, Adam <agroszer.ll at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  Have a look at
>  >  svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/z3c.zodbbrowser/sandbox/src/z3c/zodbbrowser
>  >
>  >  It's nowhere near fully complete, but works acceptable.
> (...)
>
>  One of the issues I see with a ZODB explorer is that knowledge of the
>  actual objects itself is quite useful in presenting a right image;
>  more so than with relational databases I think, where there is more
>  semantics in the table structure. What is your opinion on this,
>  Rafael?

My idea was to create something that uses only the information stered
on the DB. I think it would be useful to have such a tool, even if
there's not as much information as you have on a relational DB
regarding to the semantics. It would work more like a debugging tool.

It seems the existing zodbbrowser does exactly this. Unfortunately I
haven't the time to give it a try yet.

Regards,
--
Rafael Bruno Cavalhero de Oliveira <rafaelbco at gmail.com>