[Gsoc] GSOC ZODB Project Proposal : RelStorage support to Microsoft SQLServer

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Fri Mar 28 17:03:20 EDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 12:22 AM, Mali Ozbay <maozbay at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just posted my proposal for GSoC - Zope Foundation Projects, with the
> title "GSOC ZODB Project Proposal : RelStorage support to Microsoft
> SQLServer".
> The goal of this project is to provide Ms Sql Server integration to
> RelStorage implementation for ZODB, (to store pickles in Microsoft's Sql
> Server relational database). Justification of this motive comes from the
> fact that Ms Sql server integration does not currently exist for RelStorage.

I must say this sounds like not the project would not be big enough
for a GSOC project. With 3 adapters already there to show the way,
plus a test suite, adding new adapters won't be that much work.

Perhaps you can extend your proposal to include moving the database
adapter support out of RelStorage into separate packages (installable
as eggs) in addition to making it work on MS-SQL? That way it'd be
easier to add more databases in the future.

--
Martijn Pieters